- Defender for DC United #15, going into 7th year with the team
- Drafted #2 overall by DC United and joined in 2014
- 11 Caps with US Men’s National Team
- 2016 MLS ALL Star
- Married to Jeanne Birnbaum, has a 2 month old daughter Colette Birnbaum, and a french bulldog named Ham.
- Hobbies outside soccer are spending time with family, playing as much golf as possible and riding his bike around DC exploring new coffee shops.
Quince collection inspo
- "The “Quince” was inspired through sports and fashion. I wanted to create a bag that would be multifunctional. The Quince could be used as a classy weekender or game day luggage for all my gear. The “murdered” out theme comes from my love for the color black and how it portrays sporty yet elegant."